VMware announces the general availability of VMware Pulse IoT Center, the first solution in a new family of VMware Internet of Things (IoT) offerings.
VMware Pulse IoT Center, a secure, Enterprise grade IoT device management and monitoring solution, through the paces in an extensive beta test with customers and partners going back to June 2017. Companies across a broad range of vertical industries including automotive, entertainment, healthcare and industrial participated in the beta program.
VMware established an ecosystem featuring collaborations with ADLINK, Dell EMC, Eurotech, Fujitsu, Harman, Samsung and SAP, among numerous other leading vendors in IoT, to help customers take the guesswork out of IoT implementations. You can expect more details regarding those collaborations in the coming months as we work together to enable our respective solutions to interoperate.
The Internet of Things (IoT) is rapidly transforming traditional business models and operational processes to boost innovation and growth. An IoT-ready infrastructure has unique requirements with onboarding, configuring, managing, and securing connected devices, and as a tidal wave of IoT use cases reaches your organization, your IT and Operational Technology (OT) departments may struggle to keep up. VMware can help organizations achieve IoT infrastructure excellence and deliver successful business outcomes that meet the needs of both your IT and OT organizations.
What Is VMware Pulse IoT Center?
VMware Pulse IoT Center is a secure, enterprise-grade, end-to-end IoT infrastructure management solution that allows OT and IT to have complete control over their IoT use cases, from the edge all the way to the cloud. It helps companies to onboard, manage, monitor, and secure all things and infrastructure for IoT.
- Edge device management – Ability to support heterogeneous things and gateways with different hardware, operating systems, and communication protocols
- Infrastructure analytics – Ability to identify anomalies with real-time monitoring and perform infrastructure analytics
- Single point console – A single point of monitoring and management for the IoT infrastructure (composed of edge systems and connected devices) for both IT and OT users
- OTA updates – Ability to provide over-the-air updates to connected edge systems and things
- Security across IoT value chain – Provides secure onboarding, authentication and authorization for ongoing communication, over the air updates on secure channels and the ability to contain threats using enterprise wipe
- Visualize relationships between things and gateways – Provides pictorial representation of the topology of the IoT infrastructure—2 tier or 3 tier—in a parent–child relationship diagram
- On-premises support – Offered as an on-premises solution for deployment flexibility and security; future versions will also be offered as cloud-hosted
- Enterprise integrations – Quick and easy integration with existing server-side monitoring and alerting capability through REST APIs along with flexible client-side integration through Python-based SDK
I hope this has been informative and thank you for reading!