Sunday, May 26, 2013

How to rollback ESXi 5.1 to 5.0


VMware vSphere ESXi 5.1 was released last month, after upgrading my hosts I had some really annoying issue’s, I couldn’t connect my iSCSI (QNAP) datastores and the hosts failed with a PSOD.. once I checked the HCL at the VMware website I saw that my HP DL360 G5 isn’t supported anymore.. time to rollback the latest installation.

Solution:


(Re)boot the host and press R to start the Recovery Mode..


Installed hypervisors:


HYPERVISOR1: 5.0.0-623860 

HYPERVISOR2: 5.1.0-799733 (Default)

CURRENT DEFAULT HYPERVISOR WILL BE REPLACED PERMANENTLY 


DO YOU REALLY WANT TO ROLL BACK?

Press Y to start the roll back


Output





The host is downgraded and back online again with VMware vSphere ESXi 5.0.0


No comments:

VMware Private AI

VMware Private AI In the fast-paced world of AI, privacy and control of corporate data are paramount concerns for organizations. That's ...